I recently had the opportunity to speak with Samuel Mekonen of Seenspire about the current state of digital signage content services. Like many entrepreneurs, Samuel is very motivated and enthusiastic about his company’s products.
For those who haven’t heard about them, Seenspire offers high-quality rights-protected content to an ever expanding list of global customers. Seenspire started out as a content creation firm but they quickly discovered there was growing demand for high-quality, rights-protected content for digital signage applications.
To fill this gap, Samuel and his partner Richard Buhn launched an on-demand content service which can be accessed from their e-commerce portal at www.seenspire.com.
The site offers content for a wide range of applications. From news items to sport scores and financial information. Content is available in multiple languages making this a true global offering. The company still offers custom content services but they put a lot of effort developing a true self-serve option for digital signage users who need good content right now.
Samual says, “Clients sometimes ask why they should pay for content that is readily available through RSS feeds. The answer is simple. Most RSS feeds are licensed for personal use only. Meaning the content will be viewed on your own PC and not redistributed through a digital signage network. Commercial content redistribution falls under a commercial license which must be negotiated with the content owner. In many cases, re-distribution rights may not be available for your intended purpose so that’s where we come in.”
In order to bring you the rights protected content that you need, companies like Seenspire enter into distribution agreements with content owners, ensuring all available content has been cleared for digital signage use. Seenspire goes even further than traditional RSS feeds by “wrapping” the content in a professionally designed full screen Flash presentation. You can choose between different graphical treatments like rotating 3D cubes or flowing ribbons and the content updates itself automatically.
Here are ten reasons why you should rely on Seenspire for your live content needs:
- The rights to the content has already been negotiated for you. You pay a monthly fee per player (max. 4 screens per player) and nothing more.
- The content is easy to use. Seenspire provides you with a URL or Flash SWF that you download and schedule in your content management system.
- There are no long term commitments. Just buy what you need for as long as you need it.
- The content is visually stunning. It grabs your audience’s attention and retains it.
- You have lots of topics to choose from, like daily news, weather and infotainment.
- The content refreshes automatically and works with most digital signage solutions.
- Global news content is available in many languages such as English, French, German, Spanish and Portuguese. More languages will be added in the future.
- Localised weather content is available so customers in any geographic area will receive relevant news and information. If your location isn’t currently supported, Seenspire will try to source and license content.
- RSS feeds can sometimes go offline without any warning. Seenspire content will be there for as long as the subscription is valid.
- Purchasing content from the Seenspire web site couldn’t be easier. Select the type of content and style then add your selection to your basket. Check out when you are finished then download your content.
It doesn’t matter if you are running a single screen or a hundred screen network. Seenspire content will help enhance your image and entertain your viewers. Best of all, the content updates itself automatically for as long as you maintain your subscription.
In my opinion, this is the easiest way to add professional, attention-grabbing content to any digital signage project.